My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

So, I've got this shiny new blog, right? And it's pretty and pink and makes me happy every time I open the page, right? And I am a witty, interesting girl with regular reels of commentary on my daily observations, right?

SO HOW COME I'VE GOT NOTHING TO SAY?

I think I'm kind of washed out. I think I have a bit of shell shock, really, the way soliders do when they return from war. I sometimes think, if I open my mouth, what will come out of it? Will I recognize my own voice? Will my words betray me?

Okay, let's see. My apartment is cluttered and needs a thorough cleaning. It needs a thorough re-organization, if you want to know the truth. I wonder if I have it in me to bother? Probably not. But I can at least clean it. That much will be a relief.

Then let's what else. Hmmmm. I have serious insomnia. Four nights running. That was interesting, wasn't it? Almost as interesting as having to clean my apartment? We're on a roll here, kids.

I have a cute American coming to visit next weekend. He comes complete with mockable accent, though also giant, incredibly efficient brain, so he is forgiven. I have a cute Romanian med student coming to visit tomorrow, though her accent only comes out when she's tired, and even then, I wonder what she's going on about since everyone knows she's not speaking a real language anyway. Merely gibberish.

Hmmm. All my friends are smarter than me, I think. No wonder I have such a complex.

Speaking of complexes, I did the Myers-Briggs test and came back INFP. That means that I'm a really good, albeit reserved citizen with cute neurosis.

And I forgot to pay my rent. You see? I am a bad tenant.

I am wearing flannel PJs. They are too hot under my duvet.

If I get any more interesting or eloquent, someone's going to nominate me for a Pulitzer. I'll go work on my acceptance speech now.

Good night.



3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home