My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Hear that?

It's the sound of my howling sobs.


No. NO NO NO no no NO No No NO NO NO no no NO NO NO!

HE IS STILL NOT HERE.


I really do suspect that I'll be pregnant forever. I'm trying to learn how to be okay with it, and also, how to further stretch the skin of my abdomen so as to prevent tearing and spilling my stomach contents all over the apartment.

My friend is arriving from BC tomorrow (Gina, come with her!) and hopefully that will be all the incentive my little tummy friend needs to make his brave journey down the birth canal. If he fails to acknowledge how supremely wonderful it is that Marilyn is willing to fly across the country to meet him as he enters the world, I will be induced on Saturday night. In the hospital. I'm trying to be okay with that, too.

I went to Connor's birthday party on Sunday and hoped that celebrating that baby's life would kick my own womb into high-gear. Instead, all that happened was I woke up Monday with a cold. A cold! I work at a bloody community centre with its own daycare. I have been around sick elderly folks and sick babies and germy ankle-biting toddlers the whole way through my pregnancy and not once have I picked anything up that made me sick. So it's only Murphy's Law that I should find myself flattened out with a sore-throat-and-sneezy-congestion just as I'm down to the wire on delivering a child. Oh, Universe. You are so funny indeed.


Oh look at the time. I'm just about due for the next session of banging my head against the wall. Gotta run. Kisses, all! XO.

5 Comments:

  • At November 1, 2005 at 7:02:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Babies need to get more punctual.

     
  • At November 2, 2005 at 4:42:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    if it is any comfort - all of my friends who have had kids got a cold just before having their babies... and were better just in time....

    use your mom voice and tell Josh if he does not come out of his room right now he does not get any dessert....

     
  • At November 2, 2005 at 7:57:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you already tried all those old wives' remedies like castor oil???

     
  • At November 3, 2005 at 11:40:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHA! I found you. I don't know what happened on LJ, but I tracked you down.

    You don't want to be induced. I demanded it with my second son after he was a week and a half late and I was toting around an extra 100lbs, but if they had told me it was twice as painful, I would have waited. It only seems like you have been pregnant forever.
    ~ericka

     
  • At November 3, 2005 at 11:42:00 AM PST, Blogger Give Your Head A Shake said…

    No, I don't want to be induced, hence the reason I've planned to have as natural a birth as possible, in my own home. However, after Saturday night, it's no longer a choice. :(

    Nothing has worked. He's 11 days late. At 14, he has to come out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home