My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Hi. Hard to start over. I feel a bit over-protective. I hope it's okay to be honest about my stuff without backlash. That was some cold, cold shit. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's okay. I'd rather forget it, too.)

So, my baby is due next weekend. Isn't that a trip? My midwives have everything at my place ready to go (including, thank goodness, the chants, crystals and goat's blood in case there's an emergency). I'm being sarcastic, of course. Why do I let myself get sucked into this bullshit?

I'm trying to picture what it will be like to be a mother. I honestly can't. I think it will be okay, but I feel like I'm stepping into a dark forest and I'll have to forge a path as I go. One thing is for sure, I am eager to be done with pregnancy. I am so heavy and painfully swollen and I feel like a walrus trying to get around on land. My midwife tells me to keep exercising. It's unfortunate that I had to kill her.

2 Comments:

  • At October 14, 2005 at 10:24:00 AM PDT, Blogger Trent said…

    I am so excited and nervous for you. Excited for the obvious reasons. Nervous because no matter how much you read, how many people talk to you, you are never prepared for birth and parenting. But you will never understand love as much as you will as time goes on with your child. Sandra Bullock once used the phrase "my cup runneth over" in a movie. I know what she means now. Keep us posted.
    Trent

     
  • At October 16, 2005 at 8:55:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The forest is big and dark at times yes, but never forget that there are eyes all over watching and caring for you.

    Like these two.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home