My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

I am so busy right now, and stressed to the point of collapse, I've actually developed an ulcer. But I wouldn't trade it, as uncomfortable as it is, for anything less than what "right now" is offering me.

I am not joking, I am happier, whole-er, better than I've been in 15 years. I feel like I've been scrubbed clean and all my cobwebs have been swept off. The junked-up parts of me have been unclogged. I am thrilled to be alive and thrilled to be aware of every sensation and possibility I experience.

Thank you, God, for what you've spared me. Thank you for what you've replaced it with. Thank you for giving me the sense that settling for anything less than the very best is not a good idea.

Thank you for exhaustion. Thank you for important work. Thank you for deadlines and the pressure to meet them. Thank you for beautiful, amazing, real people who keep me sane every day. Thank you for the love that I've seen recently like never before. Thank you for acceptance, and the gift of living condemnation-free.

God, it's so, so, so, good to be alive.

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home