My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

How do you feel about ending friendships?

Today, I closed the door on two friendships that were confusing me.

I just up and decided to shut them down.One, I told about it. The other, I'm not going to say a word because I'm sure it wouldn't make a difference anyway.

So, the end of frienships. It's almost like breaking up, except, it doesn't make me cry as much.

I would rather be have everything above board where I can see it, plainly defined and clear cut.

Some friendshps are established that way immediately. Others wander into unknown realms unwittingly, and you gotta do what you gotta do to make get them out of there.

I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt, but what would be the point except to delay the envitable?

How do you deal?

1 Comments:

  • At January 28, 2005 at 8:50:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you are a wise woman. Why are we loyal to "friends" when loyalty is undeserved? We need to take stock of our relationships at times, and ensure our needs are being met. This is a tough one. I admire your openness. I would simply hide, and wouldn't have the guts to tell someone I don't want to be their friend anymore. Wise and brave. What an great friend you are.

    Love, M

     

Post a Comment

<< Home