My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Friday, January 06, 2006

You're 2 Months Old Today

Dear Josh,

Today, you turned 2 months old. We're celebrating with a nap. I'm still struggling so much to teach you how to go to sleep. Every nap time and bed time is a huge fight. Today, I put you down at 10:08. It's now 10:52 and you've just drifted off. This is after 15 minutes of crying by yourself, and all the rest was crying while I rocked and sang to you, and then put on the white noise that seems to be the only thing that helps you drift off. I put in almost an hour effort to get you to sleep, but it only yields a half hour return. Not fair.

I'm getting more and more sleep deprived. You won't sleep in the crib by yourself, and since you've done that whole choking thing more and more often, I'm paranoid to leave you in there by yourself anyway. Last night, I tried to put you down at 7:30. You were awake 15 minutes later. Then I put you down again and you fought me for an hour and a half until I finally gave up and took you into the bed with me. The problem is, you kick and flail and whine and look to nurse all night and I wake up more tired than when I went to sleep. We have to find a solution, soon. It's making me psychotic.

I pray all the time for help. That we'll find something that connects, that you'll finally be okay with going to sleep, that we'll meet someone who can suggest something that actually works. I've read the Baby Whisperer and Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby and I've spent hours on line doing research... but nothing is working. I don't know how to help you go to sleep, and I think you're chronically overtired.

Let's hope the next month of your life is better than this one has been. I'm desperate.

Love,
Mama

4 Comments:

  • At January 6, 2006 at 9:16:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy 2 months Josh and Mom.
    I'm sure you'll survive this Mare and just think, you get to at least look forward to him having to go through all this eventually and you just sitting back with a grin =)

     
  • At January 6, 2006 at 9:23:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope that you both get relief soon, honey.

     
  • At January 6, 2006 at 3:56:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, man. Memories. Schuyler was the same way, and I was all alone too. I almost lost it so many times. I didn't nurse, I can't he was bottle fed, and I actually threw a bottle in the direction of his swing at one point after he had been screaming for hours. I sympathize, honey, I do. Just move out to the desert and let me help you! lol!

    ~ericka

     
  • At January 7, 2006 at 10:03:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know I'm crazy and pretty useless, but I have a lot of free time, and would be happy to help in any way I can, even though there's nothing I could possibly do to help.

    Just throwin' that out there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home