My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Good weekend? Yes.


So, my fantabulous friends J & D, who live in London, sent me and Josh a ticket to head out to their place for some chillaxin (as the kids say today) and we were glad to take them up on it! Josh didn't have such a fun time on the train there, but that was probably my fault. I didn't time his naps as well as I could have. He passed out in the car as soon as they picked us up, and then I ninja fought John to pay for some of the food we purchased from a fancy-pants grocery store. But he was far too stealth for me.

I had such a great time with these folks. They are truly salt-of-the-earth people and the world is sorely in need of more like them. It was good to connect on a lot of things that we've shared this past year, and to give voice to some of my struggles to people who totally get it. I was so glad to hear about their experiences as well.



They really got on well with Josh. If two people were ever meant to be parents, it's them. I cannot wait for them to have a little one of their own. That child will be so loved and blessed. Visiting with them was like going to baby heaven. They have everything you could possibly need to take care of a little person, and they're naturally good with babies. It was such a relief to relax and not have to be "on" for once. I knew there would be extra hands to help with everything and it made me a little wistful for a family around me. I really didn't want to leave. They have such a great home on a great street in a great town. I felt pretty sad to come back to my squishy little apartment.

The train ride home was pretty good, although I tried to read a magazine and Josh was not very pleased with that at all. In fact, he wanted to have his own go at it, so I sacrificed my Real Simple on the alter of Happy Baby. It's unfortunate that he managed to eat half of the cover before I realized what he was doing, but I figure the fibre can't hurt.

We're back home now and trying to get back into our usual routine. Status quo: Josh never sleeps long enough.

Bye.

1 Comments:

  • At May 23, 2006 at 7:03:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am glad you got as much out of that weekend as we did. Thanks for coming and sharing Josh with us - it was much needed!

    We won't let it go as long next time for certain.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home