My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Friday, May 05, 2006

The good thing about Ferber...

... is there's lots of opportunity to get things done. In the middle of the night. When nobody else is awake except you, you sad sack with your crying, unhappy baby... gah. Night 3. It's 3:30 a.m. Josh is finally back to sleep after 1 hour and 15 minutes. I finally went in and wrapped him up tight in a blanket because his arms and legs were flailing so much, he was getting himself worked up.

I saw the most amazing apartment today. Two blocks from work. Gorgeous, two floors, two bedrooms, lots and lots of space, in the kind of house I've always wanted to live in... and the rent is more than half of my pay. I have been sitting here trying to justify spending that much money on a place and wondering if there's any way he'd give me a deal on the rent, but with a house that beautiful and an apartment that big in downtown Toronto, I can't see why he would. I have been praying and hoping and wishing... I am going to be so sad to have to say no, because it's fairly impossible for me to carry that rent. I guess I should go back to sleep now because sitting up all night blogging about it isn't going to make it somehow happen for us.

God, what now?

1 Comments:

  • At May 5, 2006 at 4:31:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well… if Josh would share the load and get a dang job, maybe then. ;)

    I say ask them if they can lower the rent, knowing that they will get a good tenant that will care for and enjoy the property; one that they won't have to worry about.

    There's no harm in asking and the worst they could say is no.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home