My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Friday, May 12, 2006

We'll take it!

So, after much worrying, stressing, calculating, fretting, and finally, praying, I have decided to take the apartment downtown after all. It's two blocks away from work. It's closer to the friends I work with and it's next door to some other people who go to a church nearby and they have a significant, baby-friendly relationship with the current tenants (who also have a baby around Josh's age) and are encouraged by the news that Josh and I have taken the apartment over. The second bedroom is decorated as a baby boy's nursery. I can put in a washer/dryer and the landlord pays hydro. Though I am poorer than a church mouse, it all works out somehow.

I'm moving July 15. And I'm pretty geeked about it, though I'm sure I'll lose most of my friends when I ask them to help me move in the middle of a long, hot summer.

In other news, Josh has cut another tooth. It's a regular party in there these days.

5 Comments:

  • At May 12, 2006 at 9:45:00 PM PDT, Blogger Help I need a user name! said…

    Congratulations! It sounds wonderful. I know you'll be happy there.

    I'm so behind already in school that I can't believe it and am feeling desperately hopeless tonight, but other than that, things are okay.

    I do hope the boy goes to sleep for you soon.

     
  • At May 14, 2006 at 8:28:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my gosh! So happy for you! You can do this.

     
  • At May 15, 2006 at 12:50:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sounds like a great move, overall. :) I'm excited for you that you'll have other moms nearby! :) Moving was the best thing we did, even though it has caused some stress!

     
  • At May 15, 2006 at 6:16:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    as long as there is lots of beer and pizxa, i am sure you will have all the help you need.

    love and laffs
    K

     
  • At May 16, 2006 at 10:53:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mare - i completely understand honey :)

    your support and kindness mean everything to me.

    and congrats on the new digs!

    karina

     

Post a Comment

<< Home