My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I just filled out my Intention to Vacate form. It's such a bittersweet feeling. I love this apartment. It's seen me through a lot of bad stuff and it's held me safe. It's been the place where I rebuilt my life after my mom died, after my relationship ended, after I had Josh... and now I have to leave it. I love the neighbourhood I'm in. I love the people who work in the shops around here. I love living on the water.

Off to stinky downtown, where the smog and humidity settles and sticks to the valleys between the buildings. Off to an attic bedroom, where the opressive heat will melt me down to a goopy puddle.

But, I will be closer to work. I'll be closer to daycare, the gym, my friends who work at the Mission... yes, there are definitely huge benefits. I just wish I didn't feel so sad about the whole thing.

3 Comments:

  • At May 31, 2006 at 2:58:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A wise Mr. Brady once said, "where ever you go, there you are".

    That person you rebuilt, the kid you grew, and all the experiences with your mom… they all move with you too.

    And no matter where you are. We will go there too. Stink and humidity included. :)

     
  • At June 1, 2006 at 10:35:00 AM PDT, Blogger Trent said…

    I still think you should move here instead. It fits your lifestyle.

    I notice our weekend didn't even get a mention. I won't take it personally. It was fun having you. Let's not wait so long to get together next time.

     
  • At June 4, 2006 at 9:00:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It seems like yesterday that I helped you settle into that joint. Remember I took all them pictures? Sheesh, soon I'll be dead.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home