My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Josh is 5 months old today. I can't believe the time has flown by so quickly, and yet, it feels as though I've been away at war. It hasn't helped that I've had so many ups and downs and craziness on the romantic front, but those were things I could do something about. With Josh, I've been helpless.

He can almost sit up unsupported now. He's finding it very frustrating to be forced to lie back and do things like nurse or bathe. He's the king of raspberries and they come at the most ingenious times, too, like when I'm trying to get him to go to sleep and have spent 45 minutes rocking and singing to him. Thhhrrppppt! Or when I've just shoveled a spoonful of sweet potato into his mouth. Brilliant.

He's turning into a really fun guy, though, if I'm honest. He'll smile at me and I'll just get this pow pow pow pow feeling that starts at my heart and runs down into my feet. I'm crazy about him. I have no choice but to admit it.

I still have 18 pounds to lose and a lot of tightening up to do. I get to go to the gym at least once a week when Sharon & Shannon watch Josh for me. Then they feed me dinner, which is good, because they're kick ass cooks. I try to do squats and lunges and push ups (Man, you should see my wobbly bits. No wait. No you shouldn't. Ever!) around the house when I remember, but the pull of the couch is so much stronger than I remembered.

Josh still doesn't sleep through the night (or longer than 3 hours at a stretch) so I'm baked pretty well all of the time. I think I'm going to need some serious intervention here. It might be time to swallow my fear and go Ferber. My poor neighbours.

See how boring I am? Yay life!

4 Comments:

  • At April 6, 2006 at 1:22:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay for Joshie! A whole five months - it seems like forever, and no time at all, all at the same time. Remember you are doing a fantastic job and we are so proud of both of you!

    And dude, you look great - screw the 18 pounds. Hell, according to the BMI chart, I should lose 18 pounds and I ain't even had a kid - so don't worry about it!

    If you do decide to do the smackdown with the Ferber method, my prayers will be with your neighbours and you!

    Sharon

     
  • At April 6, 2006 at 6:12:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Was that you comment in our bloggie? If so, I agree!! But we'll need to figure out a weekend after we get back from Edmonton. so likely more closer to the end of April. Email me and we'll figger'er out.

     
  • At April 6, 2006 at 11:40:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe he's 5 months already! Which means I've known for 5 months that I'm pregnant. hee Well, on Tuesday. :P I think we found out you had finally had Josh one day, and then like the next day we found out we were having a baby! So it's all intertwined for me. :)

    Remember us chatting just before you had him and you were saying "I wish you had a baby" and I was probably pregnant at that point. heh

    I'm so in love with this baby already, and so amazed with being pregnant, I can't even imagine how much...bigger it is...for you with him HERE. I'm glad I have friends who have had babies close in age to me. I just wish we were all in the same spot sometimes. 'scuse me I'm going to go over there and be emo pregnant lady now. *sniffs*

     
  • At April 11, 2006 at 10:01:00 AM PDT, Blogger Trent said…

    Here's what you have to look forward to when your kid learns to talk:
    So Vanessa, Hunter and myself all got the stomach flu within a few days of each other. Vanessa and I got it the same day. Sharing the bathroom was not fun. Nor was taking care of kids who need energetic parents. Which, I might add, I am not, even on a healthy day!
    So the sickness passes and Vanessa and I are standing in the kitchen one day. Vanessa hadn't been out of bed for 2 days. I think she had just taken her first shower in 3 days! Hunter is tanding behind her at the stove and says "oh, mommy, you stink". Now remember that my stomach hurts from having heaved so much for 2 says. I ask Hunter to repeat himself, he says "mommy stinks". vanessa is of course defending herself because she had JUST had a shower. Turns out that Hunter had crapped himself and didn't identify the smell as his own. I thought I would die from laughing. Kids. Don't teach em to walk, and don't teach em to talk, otheriwse be prepared for much embarassment. But then again, the laughs are worth it. Enjoy him Maryellen.
    Tp

     

Post a Comment

<< Home