My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Oh yeah. I used to write in this journal as a way to remember my time with Josh and have a place to look back over all the changes that have taken place since I gave birth five months ago.

Except, I got sidetracked and kind of lost my focus. And my focus, without question, without excuse, needs to be Josh. I only have one opportunity to raise him. I don't get a second chance if I blow this one. I am the only one responsible for making sure his needs are met, his influences are positive, and his examples are healthy.

Anyway, on Tuesday night, my little man sat up by himself like it was no thing at all; like he was made for it. He sat there on the bed and played with his own marvellous feet like they were delightful gifts sent from heaven for his entertainment. I nearly wet my pants. Next up: university. I just know it.

Tomorrow is Good Friday. I will go to church and remember what it means to be forgiven and do my best to give freely what has been given to me. Sometimes I hate that I'm so human.

Be well, muchachos. And a blessed Easter to you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home