My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Monday, July 03, 2006

I've been quiet for a long time. I just haven't had much to say.

I've been vacillating between packing up my stuff here and getting ready to move into the apartment downtown, and just taking off and starting over in B.C. I've come pretty close, too.

But I just don't think the time is right yet. I've got a pretty good situation here, what with my daycare subsidy and Josh in the daycare across the hall from my office. And I've got lots of good people around my new neighbourhood (and lots of bad, too, sadly. It's where you go in Toronto to get shot these days), and of course, there's my church community which is just about the most important lifeline I have. Did I ever mention that Josh's middle name was chosen in honour of my pastor? Joshua Matthew. He's exactly the kind of man I'd like Josh to grow up to be.

I'm off for a week of fun and frolic in Muskoka. Right after I write this. Then I guess I move and go back to work and life returns to "normal" (ha. Whatever that is.)

Mediocre, maybe.

Have a good week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home