My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My favourite time of the day is morning, when Josh first wakes up. He always wakes me up, too (naturally) but then he rewards me with lots of coos and squeals and smiles. He's a born entertainer, I'm telling you.

I need to figure out how to get him to sleep for longer than 45 minutes at a stretch, though. I need to start doing yoga again so I can have some of my energy back. Oh, and my body. I am all stretched out and floppy. I've lost 41 of the 65 pounds I gained, but I'm still wearing clothes that are much bigger than I would wear if I had some muscle tone.

My life is so mundane, but I wouldn't trade it in for something more glamorous. I know all the words to every song on the Raffi album.

2 Comments:

  • At February 17, 2006 at 7:33:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its been so long since i've visited here and i apologise. you and josh look amazing. your stories have made me laugh and it seems like you're very content and happy. god bless you and your son :)

    karina

     
  • At February 17, 2006 at 10:16:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Raffi album? I think a CD filled with funky 70's childrens' music is called for. I think Josh is old enough to receieve his very first CD, don't you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home