My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Seriously.

Since I decided to calm down and stop reading the books, things have improved vastly. When Josh cries, I put it into context (he's not telling me he hates me, he's telling me he's tired) and sometimes, I even laugh because his bottom lip will come sticking right out and he'll look like a caricature.

I totally want to enjoy these precious days of staying at home and getting to know my baby. He's got such a great personality.

Last night, I stripped Josh down in preparation for a bath and he was delighted! David was getting his tub ready and I was sitting on the toilet with him standing on my lap, singing and making faces with him. Suddenly, he peed all over me. ALL OVER ME. Somehow, my tiny little son figured out how to store litres and litres of urine inside his bladder and waited for just the right moment to uncork it. I was laughing so hard I almost couldn't hold on to him... and then Josh did the best thing ever: he laughed too! He laughed so hard he was yelling! What a difference around here lately.

I love him. I'll keep him. He's magic.




3 Comments:

  • At February 8, 2006 at 9:42:00 AM PST, Blogger Trent said…

    The boys always waited til they were IN the bath tub before they peed. It would arch out of the water. Wait til he realizes he can reach into the diaper and give you gifts!!!

    Any thank you from Josh 20 years from now that you didn't post a pic of his weenie on your site.

     
  • At February 9, 2006 at 7:00:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww, what a great photo.

    Dave called me the day after he saw you guys, so we got to talk about you just a little bit:)

     
  • At February 10, 2006 at 7:41:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is an awesome picture! :)

    My cousin used to pee the minute air hit him. My aunt would just hold her hand over him as she removed the diaper and block it. :D

    I used to poo the minute my mom put me in the bathtub - even if she had waited until I had pooped to bathe me. :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home