My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Though it is hard to imagine, there is some other stuff going on in my life besides caring for Josh. I'm afraid to talk about it, though, because I'm unsure who exactly is reading this, and I've learned my lesson about being careful with what I entrust to others via a journal.

Anyway, Josh decided last night at 3:30, he would much prefer to play and yell and kick than sleep, which he continued to do until 4:30. By that point, I had had it. I sat up and said, "That's it!" (as if that would strike him as anything other than hilarious) and I wrapped him up tightly in a blanket so he couldn't move his arms anymore, and plugged him up with a soother. Miraculously, he went back to sleep. Until 6:30.

I can't win! I can't leave him in the crib because he screams bloody murder and makes himself so upset he barfs. I can't keep him in the bed anymore either because he's not soothed back to sleep with nursing. I may never sleep again.

1 Comments:

  • At February 26, 2006 at 2:39:00 PM PST, Blogger Leanne said…

    Hi I have found you via Johnt. and Danielle... you will get sleep again, or so I am told... I have a 5 1/2 month old that keeps me up too! However upon suggestion of my doc I feed her 2oz or formula @ night in addition to nursing her and POOF we are getting a bit of sleep. I hope that helps a bit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home