My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

I Knew You Could!

So, as always happens, when I'm desperate about life and sad to the gills, I find my way into a book store to see if anything can drown me for awhile. This time, I found a book, but it definitely wasn't what I was expecting. I found my hope in a children's book, and I bought it (for both me and Josh.)

I knew you could! And you knew it too --
That you'd come out on top after all you've been through.
And from here you'll go farther and see brand-new sights.
You'll face brand-new hills that rise to new heights.

You'll go through tunnels, surrounded by dark.
And you'll wish for a light or even a spark.
You might get scared or a little bit sad,
Wondering if maybe your track has gone bad.

So here's some advice to help ease your doubt:
The track you took in must also go out.
So steady yoursef and just keep on going--
Before you know it, some light will be showing.
And then you'll be out, heading to a new place
You'll be ready for the next tunnel you face.


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home