My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Random Thoughts.

Now that I'm a mother, I have a million questions that I wish I could ask my own mom. Did she enjoy domesticity? Did she ever feel resentful? Did she use cloth or disposable diapers? When did she start feeding me cereal? Did I like it? Did she have trouble getting me to sleep through the night? How did she manage to return to work when I was 3 months old? These are things I never thought to ask her about until they became relevant to my life. I am so wistful. I wish so much that I could pick up the phone and call her. Does anyone know the number for heaven?

I have learned that I'm anemic. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. It's common enough, but I still feel sort of ripped off, you know? I have to take these iron pills now and I've never had to take anything before because I've managed to keep a very careful diet. At least I now understand (and am getting treated for) the dizziness and fainting. It was getting scary there for awhile. I never knew when it would come on and I was so afraid that I'd faint while holding Josh.

I'm way too confessional. As soon as something happens in my life, I want to tell everyone I know about it. More often than not, I end up embarrassing myself, or worse, jinxing things. I need to learn how to shut up, ride the wave, and make it back to shore without flailing like a drowning woman.

While Josh isn't the cutest baby I've ever seen, he is definitely a likeable guy. I get so many comments about how friendly and bright he is. I'm just going to go ahead and take that as a compliment because I don't really have much else going on right now that's praiseworthy.

I have a pile of dirty clothes in my bedroom that resembles a mountain. Seriously. I am thinking about scaling it so I can get some press coverage about my perseverance and bravery and all that. "Local mom climbs Laundry Everest. Details at 11". Yessssssssss.

I have this friend named Trent who asked if I'd like to visit him and when I wrote him an email saying yes, I'd really like that, he ignored me. I've been punked.

5 Comments:

  • At March 21, 2006 at 4:31:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you can always come see us!!!! we will not punk you :-)

     
  • At March 21, 2006 at 4:36:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what danielle said

     
  • At March 22, 2006 at 8:52:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you ever get that email I sent you ages ago with the CS Lewis excerpt? I hope you enjoyed that.

    Also, I wouldn't punk you. I wish you could come see me, right now. We could celebrate our anniversary!

     
  • At March 23, 2006 at 9:31:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Since this was a post about random stuff, I'll post a random comment. Did you ever get a chance to listen to that ridiculously-labelled CD I gave you for Christmas, and if so, did you like it? I'm thinking of making another one. Also, we still have Tuesday, right? Let me know. Mostly, I just miss leaving you comments. I still think you should bring the Mare show back to LJ, except for a much more selective and exclusive engagement. That's what I think.

     
  • At March 24, 2006 at 9:24:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i agree with malik about bringing the mare show back to lj :) but its up to you!

    you're in my thoughts.. glad you're sounding upbeat.

    Karina

     

Post a Comment

<< Home