My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Today I caught my 10 month old son about 3/4 of the way up the staircase. By himself. With scissors in his hand.

Currently campaigning for Mother of the Year...


He's been barfing all over the place, including on me. I have changed my clothes three times. Between that and the constant faucet nose, we're not doing so well. I finally bottomed out with whatever he's carrying, and it's got us both holed up in our casa. The only good thing about a sick baby is the cuddling. Oh my goodness, I love it. He let me rock him in the rocking chair, nuzzled into my neck. He fell asleep approximately 19 seconds in. I stayed there with him longer than I had to, because I knew the chance to do something like that again would be a long time coming. I wanted to store it up, to remember it the next time he's so hyper and whiny I honestly consider knocking him over.

Currently campaigning for Mother of the Year...

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home