My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Right, so I turned 31 last Saturday. Happy birthday to me! I forgot to mention it, because it's not really a significant birthday. But, it's still important to celebrate each year that we complete, so I did that with lots of chocolate, licorice and grilled cheese sandwiches.

I'm really, really, really tired lately. I don't feel like I'm ever not depleted. I don't seem to ever get enough sleep to "fill up" that need. My energy is low, but my enthusiasm is still going pretty strong. I am enjoying Josh more and more as he learns to play more interactively with me, discover his world and communicate. The best thing about today was hiding behind the couch and having him crawl around the side and squeal with joy when he "found" me. No matter how many times I did it, he still found it hilarious and exciting. That kid is freaking awesome.

He's got these curls now, and they're so lovely, but people keep mistaking him for a girl. I suppose I need to cut his hair, but it's a painful thought. He's not even a year old yet... do I have to say goodbye to his goldilocks so soon? Babies can't get complexes, can they?

5 Comments:

  • At October 5, 2006 at 2:50:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy birthday! :D I'm glad you had chocolate and grilled cheese, and I guess licorice if you like that stuff. :P

    I'm worried this tiredness is a lifelong thing. :/ But the crawly bit sounds wonderful. I alternate between wanting Ben to stay this small, and feeling like I can't wait for him to be older. I like experiencing this stuff through you, it gives me a lot to look forward to. *hugs from all of us*

     
  • At October 5, 2006 at 7:22:00 AM PDT, Blogger Trent said…

    Happy belated...how did I miss that?

    Don't cut his hair. The complez is yours not his. Xavier is a regular Goldilocks and so I am only now contemplating a haircut.

    What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

     
  • At October 5, 2006 at 11:26:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe I forgot your birthday. I'm a terrible, terrible friend.

     
  • At October 5, 2006 at 3:54:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MARE
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....

    and POST pictures of the cutie pie and the curls!!!!

     
  • At October 5, 2006 at 3:55:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had no idea when your birthday is or was - well I do now!! Consider it in my special place where I keep track of special dates.

    So, a big juicy HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you from every living creature in this house, including the one Danielle is smuggling in her "condo".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home