My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Finally, tears.

Oh God, I've lost my mind.

It's gone. I'm gone. My poor son.

I don't know how to survive right now. I don't want to.

I know I've been through bad stuff before. This is really the topper. It's cumulative. At some point, it breaks you.

I'm broken.

I'm desperately broken.

No more of this. Or you. You awful, soul-crushing monster beast of a man. You've ruined so much.

4 Comments:

  • At November 22, 2006 at 6:16:00 AM PST, Blogger Jaimie said…

    *hugs*

     
  • At November 22, 2006 at 2:28:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mare, if you need to talk or just wanna get-away, you know where we be, lemme know, and we'll hook you up with all the love and support you've earned from us!

     
  • At November 23, 2006 at 4:18:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Mare I wish we could do more than just send e-hugs. :(

     
  • At November 25, 2006 at 8:38:00 PM PST, Blogger Help I need a user name! said…

    Keep trying...one foot in front of the other. One foot today, and perhaps the next tomorrow, but one foot at a time. One day at a time. One minute at a time if necessary. God is so caring that He knows when a sparrow falls; how much more, then, does He care about and love you? You, His dear, precious child?

    And you know what? Tell God what's wrong, too. He can take it. He's got big, Big, BIG shoulders. He needs us to need Him.

    I will continue to pray for you, who is my inspiration to keep going when I was having one of my many bad moments. You've got a beautiful son and you're doing what you thought you couldn't do...raising him to be a great man.

    Remember how you pictured his graduation day...be it from high school or university or Med School...you are, as you read this and as you go on and as you are there for him day after day, you are, in fact, succeeding.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home