My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Monday, October 23, 2006

This past Sunday, we had a baptism service. I love these times; it's so special to see people commit themselves to starting over.

It reminded me that starting over can be a really good thing. My pastor preached on the necessity of tearing down the old, rotten things to make room for the new, better things that need to be built. I heard that.

I have had a rough year. But I don't need to stay there. I can make it better, and I will, starting now.

By the way, Josh is ONE YEAR OLD in just over two weeks! How awesome is that? He's such a great kid. I am so unbelievably blessed. Anyone who gets to know him is damn lucky, because he's the kind of person you don't easily forget, and who you instantly enjoy.

My ears just started ringing. My mom always said that means someone's talking about you. Hmmm.

3 Comments:

  • At October 23, 2006 at 8:32:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ^ I don't agree with that Jackie one bit!!!!! :)

    But seriously, though, I have meant that little man of yours and I will tell the world how his little smile has infected this household with a warmth we can't quite shake. I like him. I like his Mom.

     
  • At October 23, 2006 at 8:36:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jackie is a lying whore!!!

    happy almost birthday little man!!! where did a year go?

     
  • At November 5, 2006 at 4:03:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOSH! (in Australia, lol)

    Hope his mama is doing well too. *hugs*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home