My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Friday, October 06, 2006

It's Friday: Happy Thanksgiving

Today was great because: Wednesday and Thursday, we shut down the Mission and all the staff went on retreat, so then when we came back to work, it was only for one day before we got to go away again for a three-day weekend!

AND

My pastor and I wrote a song together, and he sent me a recording he made of it and I feel all glittery and talented and that's so unusual for me! I have to give credit where it's due here, and acknowledge that he did far more work than me, but still, I got to be part of it! Yay for empowering ministers!

AND

Tomorrow I get to go to a Thanksgiving dinner with Matthew & family; Sunday we're having a Thanksgiving potluck at church; and Monday, I'm going to (hopefully be able to) have Swiss Chalet with Kirstie, which is a tradition we accidentally started a few years ago when she invited me for Thanksgiving dinner but couldn't get a turkey.

and

I miss my mom a great deal. She made the best Thanksgiving dinners. Ever.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home