My Salome Nature

Somewhere along the way you realize the desire to be perfect is not the accomplishment of that feat. Either that paralyzes you, or you make your peace with it. This is my attempt at peace.

Monday, April 09, 2007

I used to say things. I came here and wrote and somehow, interesting things seeped out. Sometimes.

It's been a such an up and down ride. I feel sad, and wonder if I should. I read my last post, in November, and wonder where that went. When and why did I give up so much of myself? And I keep looking ahead thinking, someday, I'm going to be past all this and I will be so glad and grateful. But somehow, I'm not moving past it. I'm staying stuck and allowing it to happen. I feel like a drug user who doesn't know how to get clean but wishes for it desperately. I look to an imaginary future, I guess. The one I imagine is so lovely compared to the one I actually see coming.

Oh well. I forgot to take my stupid Celexa three days in a row. Maybe that's it.

7 Comments:

  • At April 9, 2007 at 8:40:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Even when you aren't hear saying things, we're here caring and listening. Because you're not stuck in anything that we think you're spirit couldn't trudge you out of. Or that we couldn't reach back and pull you free from.

     
  • At April 11, 2007 at 9:04:00 PM PDT, Blogger Help I need a user name! said…

    Hey! Glad to see you posting! I was gettin' worried!

    Never forget...you rock!

     
  • At April 16, 2007 at 4:39:00 PM PDT, Blogger AmyKB said…

    I really miss reading you a lot! You have a way of expressing yourself and getting to the bottom of how you feel, and then you take the steps to find faith in the midst. You are courageous and very insightful. I've always admired you for that so much because I'm nowhere close. But I know sometimes that's easier said and done than others. Sometimes all you can do is (like I'm doing this past few weeks) just keep telling yourself "This too will pass" over and over through the muck. It sucks when you get to a point in life where the present just isn't all that great, and gratitude and perspective for the things that ARE great are missing. So you live life waiting for that someday when things are better, brighter, happier. I wonder all the time when that someday will come, then I panic for all the today's that I am losing in the process. It will happen. You have a beautiful spirit and a beautiful son, and a lot of people surrounding you that clearly love you tons. That's a big starting point.

     
  • At July 6, 2007 at 9:25:00 PM PDT, Blogger Help I need a user name! said…

    DUUUUUUUUUde...you're killin' me! Post something! I miss you!

     
  • At September 24, 2007 at 11:17:00 AM PDT, Blogger Eileen Dover said…

    Hi there! If you still want access to my private blog, can you send me an email? eileenandben/gmail/com. I need your email to add you.

    Thanks!

     
  • At September 24, 2007 at 11:17:00 AM PDT, Blogger Eileen Dover said…

    Hi there! If you still want access to my private blog, can you send me an email? eileenandben/gmail/com. I need your email to add you.

    Thanks!

     
  • At November 10, 2008 at 5:41:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is great info to know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home